Thursday, December 31

When Night Has Passed But Sleep Did Never Come

When Night Has Passed But Sleep Did Never Come
And windows shine with all the morning sun
But moon and stars skipped over you at night
And skin is dry and wound around you tight
When those fans of laptops wake you up,
And coffee gives no grace within each cup,
And orange juice tastes like water,
And bread like frozen dirt,
When summer heat is passing and storms raise no alert...

Then find me in my bed, dear,
Find me clear and wide-eyed,
No pillow 'neath my head, dear,
Or sheet under my side.

You'll find me cold as death, dear
But I am quite alive.
And you can have each breath, dear
From you I will not hide.

I may give quite the vex, dear 
But this will change with time.
If you will seek me next year,
You may just change your mind.

My sweatshirt may be stained, dear, 
My socks are mostly soiled,
But I don't feel the shame, dear, 
I know these past time toils.

Please think of me in gold, dear, 
In purples rich and blue.
Life's good I know I'm told, dear, 
In color, shade, and hue.

So hold on to me dear, dear
And I will hold to you.
I do not know comes near, dear
But I know I love you.

I may give quite the vex, dear
But this will change in time
If you will find me next year,
You may just change your mind.

So hold on to me dear, dear, 
And I will hold to you,
I don't know what comes near, dear, 
But I know I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment